Yield: 12 ea. ½ cup portions
1. Grind black peppercorns in a spice grinder.
2. Combine the ingredients for the spice rub and blend to incorporate. Rub the veal breast with the spice mixture. For best results, marinate overnight.
3. Pre-heat an oven to 250°F. Wrap the marinated veal breast in foil and place in a baking pan.
4. Bake in 250°F oven for 3 hours. Unwrap the top portion of the veal and allow to brown for 45 minutes.
5. Allow the veal breast to cool enough to handle; when cool, pull the cooled veal breast into strips.
6. Reheat the veal strips in half of the pre made BBQ sauce until 180°f has been reached.
7. Place a half cup portion of pulled veal on toasted hamburger bun and top with 1-2 Tbsp. of the remaining BBQ sauce.
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add onions and cook until tender.
3. Add the garlic and chili peppers and continue to cook for an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Add the chili powder and stir well. Cook over moderate heat for 1-2 minutes until the chili powder’s flavor is developed.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
6. Mix approximately 2 Tbsp. of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water until it is smooth.
7. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the BBQ and return to the boiling point.
8. Sauce can be used at this point or cooled and stored under refrigeration for up to one week.
If preferred you can top the sandwich with your favorite Cole slaw.
Nutrition information per serving: 701 k/Cal; 44g Protein (g); 62g Carb; 4g Fiber; 30g Fat; 12gSat Fat; 170mg Chol; 1181mg Sodium